[docbook] Re: Docbook : Cross reference between Books

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 11:50:23AM +0200, Philip U. Sam wrote:
> Hello Bob,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. I could not still figure out something that
> suits my(company's) requirements
>
> Here is our environment:
>
> 1. We have Admin Guide and User Guide(and few more) which are in turn
> modularised, means,  there would be a single Admin guide for the whole product
> or one for each of the sub-product
> 2. We use DSSL stylesheet with Docbook 4.1
> 3. ***We generate PDF, HTML, PS, RTF at the same time***
> 4.We use  the external general entity  to refer to the SGML sources, which
> exist in guide-level directories, and they all use a single entity file.
>
> My question is :
>     Does these output formats need specific olink parameters for each of them?
>     Is there any other web location where I can find more examples and
> information?

I don't know what you mean by olink parameters.
Do you mean attributes instead?  I believe the
olink mechanism is neutral with regard to output format,
but I've not used the SGML olink mechanism much.
The only documentation I know of for SGML olinks is:

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/dsssl/current/doc/olinksemantics.html

Norm is the real expert on this topic.

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com