Re: [docbook] Suggestion needed...

Giuseppe,

all this info is available already via the *info tags (articleinfo, bookinfo, etc). By default, not all of that is displayed on the titlepages. But you can either customize the titlepage template and create a new titlepage stylesheet or do the customization in your cutomization layer to fulfill your needs.

I recommend doing a stylesheet customization instead of doing a dtd customization.

Cheers, Patrick

Giuseppe Greco schrieb:
Hi all,

In our corporate documents, we need to automatically include
our standard legal notice, company info, logo etc.

I accomplished that by creating a new DTD file to be used instead
of the standard DocBook one. This new DTD file looks like this:

<!ENTITY % docbook PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
  "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";>
<!ENTITY % l10n PUBLIC "-//AGAMURA//ENTITIES QuXo Localization
V1.0//en-US"
  "http://www.agamura.com/xml/quxo/1.0/ent/l10n.ent";>
<!ENTITY % copyright PUBLIC "-//AGAMURA//ENTITIES QuXo Copyright
V1.0//en-US"
  "http://www.agamura.com/xml/quxo/1.0/ent/copyright.ent";>
<!ENTITY % corpdata PUBLIC "-//AGAMURA//ENTITIES QuXo Corporation Data
V1.0//en-US"
  "http://www.agamura.com/xml/quxo/1.0/ent/corpdata.ent";>

%docbook;
%l10n;
%copyright;
%corpdata;

As you can see, it just includes the standard DocBook DTD and then
adds some additional entities...

For example, %copyright; contains the legal notice and assert,
%corpdata; contains long and short company name, web site, etc...

Well, I think this is the wrong place where to place entities like
these. They should be placed somewhere else and then accessed by
our customized DocBook stylesheets.

What do you think about that? What do you suggest instead?

Thanks,