Re: [docbook] RFE 714764 - 'typed' indexes

At 12:49 23/05/2003 +0200, Tobias Reif wrote:

I just thought that it would be much more flexible to not insert index term markup in the document, at all (at most place a simple reference to each index document). If I get a DocBook document and don't like the indexing, I have to work my way through the whole document and discard the previous work,

That's why indexers are paid good money to do their job.

or I have to produce a new version of the DocBook document (I don't have much experience with DB indexing, so I might be wrong). So I simply like the general possibility of separating the document from it's indexes; I didn't yet think about technical details.

Seeing my book indexed by a professional, I began to appreciate the work that went
into doing it. It is, essentially, an additional layer of markup that goes in on top of
the actual content.

regards DaveP