Re: [docbook] external indexes (was: RFE 714764 - 'typed' indexes)

Tobias Reif wrote:

If I ever would need more than one index for a document (let's say it's a book), then I guess I could do it something like this:

  * Make no changes to the book itself.
  * Create two or more indexing documents.
    Each would probably be written in some custom XML lang (since the
    mechanism is not (yet?) standardized).

It is. There are Topic Maps which are perfectly suitable for such task. With XML you will probably use XTM -- XML based language for serialization of Topic Maps.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz