Re: [docbook] Website.dtd, olink target databse

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 01:26:30PM +0200, Janning Vygen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using docbook now for a long time i tried now to use website for a
> project.
>
> Now i've read several documents on linking with olink. i disliked
> olink in the beginning, but now i think this is a really powerful
> tool. (Thanks to bob stayton for his excellent document, thanks to
> norm of course, too. (if you are listening, you should really link to
> http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/Olinking.html from your
> website documentation
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/website/example/linking.html
>
> now i can generate my autolayout.xml file and can generate a
> target.db file for each webpage
>
> I just modified tabular.xsl to my-tabular.xsl with the following
> template to collect xrefs with docbook templates.
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
>   <xsl:if test="$collect.xref.targets = 'yes' or
>                 $collect.xref.targets = 'only'">
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="/" mode="collect.targets"/>
>   </xsl:if>
>   <xsl:if test="$collect.xref.targets != 'only'">
>     <xsl:apply-templates/>
>   </xsl:if>
> </xsl:template>
>
> thats fine. Now i need a <targetset> document with a sitemap and i am
> wondering why this isnt generated automatically through
> autolayout.xml.
>
> Now two questions:
>
> 1. Does anybody has already written an xslt converter for
> autolayout.xml to the master targetset file (olinkdb.xml)? If not i
> will do so, but would rather like it going for dinner tonight ;-)
>
> 2. Should every webpage be one document inside olinkdb.xml or should
> it be one document which is in the sense of targetset "chunked" into
> many files.(like what you get when you collect.xrefs with
> docbook/html/chunk.xsl). As i thought at first each webpage is one
> document and can have same ids inside its content flow as another
> webpage even if they are "connected" by layout.xml. But then you have
> lots of document IDs inside your olinkdb.xml.
>
> But i guess having many documents is the correct way because you dont
> have to struggle about same IDs in different webpage documents. But
> maybe as webpage/@id are checked by autolayout.xsl you could do it
> with subsequent ids as well. (or is it this way already??)

Yes, XSL olink for Website has been implemented, but in CVS
only, not the released version.  A new release of Website
is awaiting some of Norm's time, which is in short supply.

The processing is pretty much automated, using the webpage id as the
targetdoc id value.  You can view the CVS example page
olink.xml at this address to see how it works:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/docbook/website/example/olink.xml?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

                                            email: bobs@sco.com