[docbook] RE : [docbook] Any way to do an indented ("prose") paragraph?

> I'm trying to find a way to mark a paragraph so that the
> first (and only the
> first) line is indented, like you see in normal prose.

Isn't it more a presentation than a semantic question ? So do I, I like
indent the first line of paragraphs.

For HTML output, when <p/> are clearly paragraphs, you can say in CSS
p {text-indent:2em}
that means, give a tab of 2 char height on first line.
The FO solution is less trivial.

If you are using the Norman Walsh XSL, the CSS snippet upper could have
undesired effects, because the html <p/> is widely used for other
reasons than semantic (fast way to have margins in non CSS old
browsers). An easy workaround is to add a role attribute on your <para
role="indent"/>. If you are lucky, the output could be <p
class="indent"/>, matched by the css rule p.indent  {text-indent:2em}.
But don't complain on this list if you are not so lucky (I haven't
tested before talking), to change the morman.walsh.xsl is a docbook-apps
topic.