Re: [docbook] mediaobject fileref troubles

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 02:35:08PM +0200, Patrick Eisenacher wrote:
> Ok, so this was the reason: xsltproc does not support textdata, yet.
> When I changed over to using xincludes, xsltproc works fine and produces
> the expected result.
>
> Daniel, do you plan to include support for textdata in one of the next
> releases of xsltproc?

  Well, Norm started working making Python implementation of his custom
extensions, I assume that's the missing part for the textdata support.
To get the native xsltproc support this would need a C implementation
of the extension functions needed. I can't commit to make those, but
I can help someone who would be ready to work on this, this requires
some basic knowledge of C and debugging, but should not be too hard,
the main problem might be to map the semantic of the Java extension
to the libxml2/libxslt framework.

Daniel