Re: [docbook] Re: Ruminations on the future of DocBook

At 11:17 14/07/2003 -0700, Norman Walsh wrote:

One of the decisions that we'll have to make if we choose to pursue a
RELAX NG design is how much of the new expressive power of RELAX NG we
want to use.

Consideration.

With 400 ish elements, without the syntax direction of a good editor,
I'd find it extremely hard to make use of anything like the number of available
elements, and hence productivity would go down.

If relaxng is used, it would be nice to have some DTD based subset that whilst
not 100%, gave us a clue, and helped in increasing productivity, for later validation
by a relaxng tool?

regards DaveP