[docbook] Marking up exercices

Hello list,

What's the current state of the art in marking up exercises, exercise sections and answers to exercises?

I want to have sections with a title "Exercises" in which one ore more exercices appear.

The following features would be nice:

- Exercise sections should not be numbered, not appear in the TOC, but be allowed to appear at any level in the document.

- The exercises should be numbered throughout the whole document by the stylesheets. (If that's not possible, then if an exercise within an exercise section is the only one, it should not get number "1", because that's obvious.)

- Answers to exercises should only be output in a "teacher's version" of the document.

I've broswed through the archive and I am a litle bit confused now by all the different suggestions using bridgeheads, simplesects, orderedlistsm qandasets... for this problem.

Greetings, Joachim