Re: [docbook] FO XSLT: Adding footer content to title pages

FYI, the "docbook" mailing list is for questions about the DocBook DTD.
In the future, use the "docbook-apps" mailing list for questions about
stylesheets and other applications.  8^)

The first two pages of a book are in the 'titlepage' pageclass, so the first
xsl:when condition in your footer.content template
turns off those footers.  FOP may output
extra empty titlepages as well.  Remove that condition
and you will get the footer on all but the very first page.

For some reason, the very first page of a book is not controlled
completely by the footer.content template.  In the template named
'footer.table' in fo/pagesetup.xsl, there is another test for
the first titlepage of a book, and it turns off that entire footer table.
It is under the comment
<!-- Really output a footer? -->

I think that test should probably be moved to footer.content
so the customizer has complete control.  In the meantime, you
will also have to customize the footer.table template to
turn off that condition.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net