Re: [docbook] Using multiple modules

* Nikolai Weibull <docbook-list@pcppopper.org> [Feb, 04 2004 22:20]:
> OK, I've gone nutty and want to use both MathML2 markup through the
> math module and write EBNF's in the same document.

I'm sorry that I'm responding to my own posting, but I was wondering why
no one has responded before me.  Is this question totally retarded, is
it completely uninteresting, does the question not make sense in some
way, or is it fact that no one actually knows how (if) this can be done?
For now I've combined the two into one, by basically concatenating the
two and giving it a new name.  I don't see why the request of having
both math and ebnf's in the same document hasn't come up before, and I
find it weird that they are referred to as modules when there is no
simple way of "including" more than one per document.

Anyway, during the days it has taken for anyone to give me an answer to
this question, I've switched to using CONTEXT for TeX instead, as it
promises a lot of what I desire.  tbook would have been nice as well,
but it's a bit too saxon for me at the moment.  I think DocBook is a
great idea, and I love having both XHTML and PDF output, but it seems
that too much is in flux at the moment (impossible to install,
impossible to get output that looks good (PDF anyway), and simply too
verbose (at least with the requirement of having math in the mml
namespace "explicitly").  Anyway, I hope that things will stabilize soon
and will definitely keep my eyes open for when it does.  Sorry for the
rant.

I'm still interested in knowing if anyone has an answer to my initial
question, but won't keep my hopes up as I did initially,
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::