Re: [docbook] Qualified Dublin Core

The message you mentioned:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200202/msg00005.html
is the best description of how the DocBook DTD was changed in version 4.2 to
accomodate the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI).  That proposal was
amended by this message before acceptance by the DocBook Technical
Committee:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200203/msg00010.html

The new DocBook elements bibliorelation, bibliosource, and bibliocoverage
are described in DocBook: The Definitive Guide at:
http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html
You'll see there that many of the qualifiers were implemented as attributes.

Keep in mind that this work was based on the original "Dublin Core
Qualifiers" document
http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11/dcmes-qualifiers/, which is now
obsolete. It was superceded in 2003 by "DCMI Metadata Terms"
http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/, so apparently they aren't
called "qualifiers" anymore.  Also, it looks like the newer version has more
metadata terms, so it might be time for the Technical Committee to reexamine
DocBook's support for Dublin Core.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting