Re: [docbook] "Fantasy" markup

At 17:14 01/05/2004, Michael A Nachbaur wrote:
Jason Kircher wrote:

Although Docbook looks like it's more geared toward writing technical manuals

I've been thinking the same thing myself.

However, I believe adopting additional tags for different genres of writing can only lead to madness and perdition. For instance, "spell", "magicitem", none of those tags have any place in my form of writing.
Instead, terms like "scienceterm", "technology" and "stellarbody" would be more appropriate. I'm not recommending that these tags be adopted however, since the vast number of writing styles would overwhelm.

Long time ago I remember commenting on Chapter 5 of 'Docbook, the definitive
guide', a book about Docbook. Chapter 5 is all about adding spells and magic items and scienceterm and stellarbody tags into docbook.

It will take a bit of thinking, and you may not get it right first time,
but I guess you'll get lots more out of it when you are done?

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch05.html

HTH DaveP