Re: [docbook] marking up reserved words

Am Donnerstag, 4. November 2004 19:18 schrieb Mauritz Jeanson:
> [...]

> Hello Bob,
> How about <token>?

Not so good, in my opinion.  From "DocBook: The Definitive Guide 2.0.10
(Alpha)":

    A Token identifies a unit of information. Usually, âtokensâ are the result
    of some processing pass that has performed lexical analysis and divided a
    data set into the smallest units of information used for subsequent
    processing.

So token elements in DocBook are mostly for tokens which are output by a
lexer.  These cover reserved words but cover also several other kinds of
data.  That's why I think that the token element is not so appropriate.

> /MJ

Wolfgang