[docbook] Re: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 April 2005

/ "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> was heard to say:
| 8.  DocBook namespaces.
|
| A DocBook namespace is needed for version 5.  We want a stable,
| nonchanging name.  The Committee agreed that
| it would apply to the family of DocBook
| schemas, including Simplified DocBook and customizations.
| The name would not contain a version number.
|
| The OASIS naming rules are not yet adopted, so Norm proposed
| using "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; as the namespace name.
| There is some precedent for using a non-OASIS URI.

I recall calling the question:

  Shall we adopt "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; as the namespace name
  for DocBook V5.0

and obtaining uninimous consent, but that is not clearly reflected in
these minutes. Bob, could you please make a note for next month's
agenda that when we adopt these minutes, we mean to adopt them as
amended above. (If, in fact, the committee as a whole shares my
personal recollection.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything should be made as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | simple as possible, but no simpler.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |