RE: [docbook] Re: A complex case of profiling

> > 1) it does not allow negated options like no_idn above.
>
> I still don't see where your problem is. What prevents you from
> specifying condition="no_idn"?
>
> If you will call stylesheets with profile.condition=no_idn you will
> not get section marked as condition="idn"

I believe the issue is a misunderstanding. Stephane wanted a specific case
about having "no_" in front of a name to indicate its negation, while the
profiling system doesn't provide that case. OTOH, the profiling system doesn't
need that case to be explicit: it "just works".

Consider:

If called with profile.condition="a", then the output is "Jack" because the
condition "no_a" is not included.
If called with profile.condition="no_a", then the output is "Jill" because the
condition "a" is not included.

<Untested Thought Experiment> Also consider:

If called with profile.condition="a", then the output should be "<phrase
condition="a"></phrase>" because although "a" is set, "b" is not.
If called with profile.condition="b", then the output should be "" because
although "b" is set, "a" is not.
If called with profile.condition="a;b", then the output should be "Jack and
Jill" because "a" and "b" are set.

This might help in avoiding lots of separately named conditions.

</Untested Thought Experiment>

Regards,
Ruth