Re: [docbook] catalog problem

What application is giving you that error?

It may be that your application doesn't actually process SYSTEM
entries from SGML catalogs. There are applications that don't.
Emacs/PSGML, for example.

In your doc instances, do you also have a public ID for the MathML
DTD, or just a system ID? I'm guessing that you don't have a
public ID, because if you did, it would use the PUBLIC entry in
your catalog instead of the SYSTEM entry (because of the OVERRIDE
YES line is the catalog).

So if catalog resolution works when you use a public ID but not a
system ID, it just means your application doesn't handle SYSTEM
entries in SGML catalogs.

You're running Debian, right? If you look at other catalogs on
your machine, I think you'll sse that most of them don't have
SYSTEM entries. I would guess the reason might be because there
are applications that can't handle them.

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith
http://logopoeia.com/  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/890