Re: Vs: Timer interrupts and scheduler

"Stephen Mose Aaskov" <sma@2m.dk> writes:

> I´m working with a partly port of Ecos (1.3, CVS updated) to a MIPS
> R3000 platform.  I´m having some trouble figuring out how and when
> to call system timer functions and scheduler from within a timer
> interrupt ISR.  Currently I have no timer ISR, but I do have timer
> interrupts coming in all the time.
>
> Which actions should a timer interrupt ISR (VSR? DSR??) perform?
>
> Hope somone can clearify how these thing are interconnected in ecos.

You do not need to write your own timer ISR, the default one in the
kernel does all the necessary work.

What you do have to write are the HAL_CLOCK_* macros for controlling
the timer, and set the value of CYGNUM_HAL_INTERRUPT_RTC to the
timer's interrupt vector.

See the documentation on the HAL for details.

--
Nick Garnett - eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.eCosCentric.com/