Re: adding new driver files

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 11:40:04AM -0000, khamri A wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on eCos 802.11 wireless driver.can anyone give some
> idea as to how to interface this driver module with the upper layers
> of stack.i have prepared a pack

Humm, looks like your mailer had problems a few times...

Most WiFi drivers look like ethernet devices. So you should probably
read io/eth/curent/doc/driver_doc and the .sgml file in the same
directory. This describes how standard ethernet drivers interface to
the stack.

WiFi drivers do need extra ioctl handlers for setting the SSID, keys,
crypto algorithms etc. You should probably look how FreeBSD does this
and try to port the changes back into the eCos world.

Out of interest, which WiFi chipset is the drvier for?

    Andrew