Re: Strataflash mapping problem

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 07:26, Jani Monoses wrote:

> > IIRC, the 28Fxxx driver is somewhat newer and has better device
> > support. If changes are to be made, it would be best to put them into
> > this driver.
>
> Gary, you used to say that strata is newer and changes should be made
> there instead of 28FXXX :)
> FWIW Patrick Doyle had a jumbo-patch which made strata CFI aware and
> added device in series support too, but was probably not reviewed
> because of its size and the fact that it moved a lot of existing code
> too making it hard to read.

You're probably right (aging brain cells...).  I did try to use the
Strata driver the other day for a new port and failed miserably.
Backing off to the 28Fxxx driver had it working in a few minutes.

I did just review and I agree, the Strata driver does look like the
better route.

Sorry for any confusion.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>