Sharp LH79520 port?

I'm currently negotiating a contract to make a software bundle for a kit based around the LH79520. This is kind of taking over a partially-working project - the customer has a working hardware platform and a working arm-linux port, but I think Linux is overkill for the task at hand (4M flash/16M RAM/74MHz ARM7) and the customer has, as yet, been unable to create a critical mass of third-party interest in the project. My brief is to make some standalone demonstration applications for the board, which can either be sold as-is as consumer electronics, or used to attract further third-party development interest. I would prefer to build on eCos.

Has anyone done work on an LH79520-based port of eCos? I basically need to know whether I need to build 4-6 weeks porting slack into my schedule, or whether I can ride someone else's work :) I'm probably overestimating the porting difficulty, but it's good to be prepared.

--
 -- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (http://www.zws.com/)
Learn how to develop high-end embedded systems on a tight budget!