Re: RedBoot Development?

Gary Thomas wrote:

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 15:28, Fred Fierling wrote:

Is anyone working on the next version of RedBoot? I see no reference to such a project anywhere on the eCos web site and I am interested in helping with or even, with some direction, driving such an effort. What would users want to see in a newer version? Or is everyone happy with RedBoot as it is?

We don't really have "versions" - eCos and RedBoot are constantly evolving. So, even if you don't see anything specific, stuff happens all the time :-) Most of the changes in eCos and RedBoot are customer and target platform driven, with some generic improvements & extensions being added along the way.

What sorts of things did you have an interest in?

A partial wish list:

- a consistent "verb option object value" command syntax
- command line history
- enhancements to decompress gzipped ELF binaries from flash into RAM for execution
- redundant config data spaces in FIS (in case power fails during writes)
- DHCP and TFTP clients that can pull configuration data (or a set up script) from a server at boot time

Comments?