Re: Atmel DataFlash driver

Hi !

Simply curious...
Every now and then I try to look over the others
source codes in order to see if they have learned
something that I didn't. But often I find out that
even if there is something to learn (e.g. from ecos)
still there is some stuff to improove.

lets take for instance your source codes.
Even simple data types have a prefix cyg_uint8.
Are you some sort of cyg cult ? :)
ok, so you try to have some sort of coding style, but
have you ever heard of hungarian notation ?

Another issue - everything must exist for a reason.
Even terminology. Such shortenings as 'pkgconf' or
'df_compose_addr' does not tell me much, even thoose
they should have.
Inventing a new terminology does not make you smarter.
Even when professor tells something to students and
they don't understand him does not make professor
smarter than students, even thoose most of people
think so.

Just thinking about what is eCos gives me a hint that
it is something line extended cosinus, or something
like that. :)

df_flash_hwr_map_error...
why to bother with names - isn't simpler to write
functions like 'aaa' , 'aab', 'aac' and so on ?! :)

cyg_ass.h. no comment.

-- Tarmo.