From: ecos-devel-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-devel-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of alfred hitch
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 3:38 AM
To: Robin Randhawa
Cc: ecos-devel@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: dynamic memory detection

Hi Robin,

thanks for your reply,

but could u please give more details on ur SDRAM sizing algo ?
how were u doing that ?

then I will see if I can do the same on IXDP or not ..
My fear is that I cannot as I was discussing with someone who has
worked extensively on x86 plattforms.
In there on northbridge there is a device generally which can be read
to find the size etc of dram ,

as of now I dont see any such stuff on ixp data sheet.

May be this is the reason that redboot etc dont have this as it might
not be a portable feature, but come to think of it, on boards where
one can, it should be implemented ?

can u tell how u did the sdram sizing thing ? I can infact choose
u-boot also as my bootloader that isnt the issue presently.

Alfred