Re: Redboot on i386 target

    Tyler> Le 06-03-2006, Tyler <tyler@agat.net> a écrit?:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I'm trying to install and use redboot on a x86 target, to make
    >> some tests. But I can't succeed. I have the following erros :
    >>
    >> tyler@Starbuck:~/ecos/redboot>ecosconfig new linux redboot
    <snip>

    Tyler> I've found binaries files at
    Tyler> http://ecos.sourceware.org/boards/redbootbins/x86pc/ I'm
    Tyler> happy with those for now.

    Tyler> But if someone has the answer to my previous question (in
    Tyler> the previous post), I'm still interested.

You are confusing two very different eCos targets: the synthetic
target and the PC target. If you want to use the synthetic target,
i.e. run eCos on top of Linux, then there is no need for a boot
monitor with gdb debug support. Hence RedBoot is not supported.
If instead you want to run eCos on a bare PC then RedBoot can be very
useful.

To configure eCos for a PC target, use:

  ecosconfig new pc <template>

instead of

  ecosconfig new linux <template>

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect