Re: Does MultiCast receive work?

Peter Dennett wrote:
I am starting to add multicast support to the lancepci (VMWare) eth driver.
Sending works fine as it is just UDP sendto - I see the packets on a
neighboring LINUX box.

I have made a first attempt to configure the adapter to receive MC
addresses.  For now I am just setting all 64 mask bits to one to allow all
MC addresses - this seems to be common in eCos eth drivers anyway.  So far I
am not seeing packets back to my application. From my debug code in
lancepci_recv I think the hardware is delivering them and I am passing them
up the stack.

Before I bust my hump too much more I wanted to see if anyone had a warm
fuzzy feeling about multicast on eCos?   Is it known to work?

Yes, it should work as IPv6 support requires it to function.

Is there was any wise advice about how to proceed?

I'm afraid you'll have to do this just like we would - start up the chain inside the stack and see where things go. Start with the packet received function: .../net/bsd_tcpip/current/src/sys/net/if_ethersubr.c:ether_input