Redboot load command is crippled

Hello,

I've noticed that the Redboot load command is crippled whenever "Validate RAM addresses during load" (CYGSEM_REDBOOT_VALIDATE_USER_RAM_LOADS) is disabled. It looks like when the load into flash option was added to load.c, a call to valid_address() was added to load_elf_image() and load_srec_image() to determine whether to write to flash or not.

I'm new to using Redboot and eCos. I've been playing with it on an i386 PC target and loading eCos applications into extended memory above 1 MB. Redboot seems to require address validation to be disabled because this platform doesn't implement cyg_plf_memory_segment().

Anyhow, because of the unconditional calls to valid_address() now, load reports success but fails to actually write to memory outside of its known range. For a quick fix, I put a check for CYGSEM_REDBOOT_VALIDATE_USER_RAM_LOADS around the calls to valid_address(). Unfortunately, that breaks the load into flash feature completely when address validation is disabled.

Everything else looks great. I'm really starting to like eCos. Thanks.

- John