Re: RedBoot built with gcc 3.4.4

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Gary Thomas wrote:

To debug RedBoot, you'll need to use your BDI.

Simply connect GDB to the BDI instead of the serial port.
Something like this:
 (gdb) tar rem bdi:2001

Aha, ok, this makes sense, but, unfortunately, bdi doesn't work with this board. It worked somehow with pxa255 (not very reliably) and I haven't been able to use it with pxa270. Yes, I do have the necessary register description etc. files, just it wouldn't work. So, I guess, it's not an option for me. I could disable bootp, but the point was not to somehow get it to build and run, but to find the reason of the mis-compilation and (preferrably) fix redboot. Besides, every non-booting redboot means about 20 minutes jtag flashing...

Thanks
Guennadi
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
DSA Daten- und Systemtechnik GmbH