Re: Partition support for FAT file system

This is already handled in the io/disk package. You mount /dev/diskN/M for partition M of disk N and /dev/diskN/0 for the whole disk. Partitioning is independent of filesystem type, so it must be done at a lower level that the FATFS.

Ah, ok, thanks, Nick. I misunderstood that terminology in the IDE case, mistaking it as 'N' for the controller and 'M' for the disk on that controller. This makes sense.

So then it's the IDE driver that should scan the partition table on the physical disk and export separate mount points for each? Would that be the proper way to go?
Nevermind. I found my mistake....

The name of the disk should end with a slash, like "/dev/disk0/", and then the lookup functionality in the disk library scans for partitions. I had left off the final slash and then cyg_io_lookup() was failing the exact match.

Thanks again for the help,
Frank