To: "Andrew Lunn" <andrew@lunn.ch>; "Praveen VS" <praveen@spacomp.com>
Cc: <ecos-devel@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 12:03 AM
Subject: RE: Intel strata flash -redboot

On Thursday, November 06, 2008 11:34 PM, Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 09:33:08AM +0530, Praveen VS wrote:

We have a custom board based on imx27 & we want to boot the kernel
from flash. But the flash we have is Intel Strata P30 (
JS48F4400P0VB00S).  We are modifying the redboot which comes with
imx27ADS reference board. We want to know  which file we need to
modify?
Any body has successfully able to boot kernel from this flash using
redboot on any other board

I think the P30 is a bit odd. Take a look at:

http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2007-04/msg00178.html

I'm using the same patch on a ep93xx based board using P30 flash. Works great for me.

The only problem I found in the patch is in flash_hwr_init() the first:

+ __strata_info.base1 = (void *)CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE;

Should be removed. The __strata.info is only available #ifndef
CYGOPT_FLASH_IS_BOOTBLOCK. The .base1 is actually set correctly a bit
later in the code.

Regards,
Hartley