Re: NAND review

> You could map these into eCos like concepts:
>
> Hard code     -> Hard coded
> command line  -> Redboot cfg block parameter?
> FIS Directory -> FIS Directory!

There is also one case we must support. If we don't chaos will result.

Imagine hard coded partitions in Redboot. This is used to boot an eCos
application. It also has hard coded partitions. However they are
different! You are heading for trouble.

We need that eCos applications can use Virtual Vectors to ask the eCos
ROM redboot what the partitions are. The RAM app does not care where
the ROM redboot gets the partitions from, be it hard coded, FIS. etc,
so long as they are consistent with what redboot is using.

   Andrew