Re: Package versioning requirements for an epk

Hi Michael

Michael Bergandi wrote:

> Can someone explain/confirm the versioning requirements for an epk
> package distribution?
>
> From what I can tell, you used to be able to get away with
> $PACKAGE/current, but it looks like ecosadmin.tcl might have been
> updated to force proper verisioning. The package I am testing does use
> 'current' as the version directory in the epk, but the ecosadmin.tcl
> tool is barking about the package not having a version directory.

Using "current" as a version directory within a .epk file should work,
but the tool is intended for easy distribution of package _releases_ so
version directory names in the "v1_0" style make more sense in the
majority of cases.

For avoidance of doubt, the directory path fragments in ecos.db should
always point to the parent directory of the package version directory.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer