Re: tty.cdl

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, Ilija Kocho wrote:

> On 27.03.2011 19:11, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:

> >> Adding two additional TTYs is an alternative indeed, it is simple and
> >> straightforward to implement.
> >>
> >> My idea was to make system auto extensible and configurable. I have
> >> fixed number of TTYs to 6, but as you suggest in your research below it
> >> could be defined as a variable. HAL could provide an override too. Also
> >> maintenance may be simpler since we avoid duplicated code?!
> > Indeed. But, now I think that I gave bad suggest about extension via
> > environment variable (How to document this "feature"? Who will know
> > about? It looks like a trick) Ilija, so far, I take a timeout to think
> > and test your substitutions and I will try to find compromise solution
> > without the tricks and complex Tcl/CDL expressions.
> >
> Thanks,
> In meantime I have a code that compiles and works. I will post to
> Bugzilla so we can continue there.
>
> Ilija

I was writing the below a few minutes ago

Ilija, I tried something and I see that your request can be managed with
CDL property 'make' and external Tcl script to generate some kind of
io_serial_tty.inl on a fly like eCos 'heapgen.tcl' generates that
heap.hxx, but I have a doubt about such a "complexity". By other hand
the original tty and termios config files won't to have a mess with
complex scripting as all details can be hidden in the external Tcl
script. Eternal dilemma: Universality vs. Simplicity. I would prefer S.
here (c & p), but, this is my view only.

I think that you have to create bugzilla report is describing your issue
(=request) without a solution and then we will discuss the ways to
resolve the issue and I hope you will have more hands for that.

Thank you,
Sergei