Re: tty.cdl

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, Ilija Kocho wrote:

> Sergei, I started this discussion in order to discuss this issue before
> I drop any code. Your proposal sounds rational. I shall open a Bug and
> reference this discussion.

Ilija and may be not :-) I've seen that io_serial.h has

#ifdef CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_DEVICE_HEADER
# include CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_DEVICE_HEADER
#endif

So, your issue can be managed on the target's side, as both and tty.c
and termios.c include this header. You can add CDL component in your HAL
config file which parent should be CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TTY and define extra
devices (TTY4, TTY5, ...) there. Also define/set your own value for the
CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_DEVICE_HEADER in the HAL's config file.

Sergei