eCos host tools on 64-bit Linux [ was Re: eCos port to Cobra 5329 ]

Liam

Liam Knight wrote:

> Your instructions in http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html say you
> need to install the libstdc++ v3 compatibility package but make no
> mention that the tools are built for 32bit linux and so also require
> the 32-bit version of glibc on 64-bit systems. You may wish to update
> your instruction on that web page as 64-bit systems are rapidly
> becoming the norm so many users will fall foul of this.

Thank you for reporting this. I have updated the getting started page.
To be clear, installing the 32-bit libstdc++ library (required for the
eCos host tools) should also bring in 32-bit glibc and loader.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john