Re: eCos GNU tools 4.6.2-20120125 ready for testing

Hi Ilija,

The RedBoot issue on the STM3210E-EVAL turned out to be a non-issue.
eCos and eCosPro RedBoot are compatible. There was an eCosPro specific
issue which I had forgotten about - sorry.  The board ran overnight just
over 1000 tests in different eCos configurations.  There are currently 9
failures, listed according to their configuration name in our test farm.
As jld knows, when a test fails in the farm it is automatically rerun an
additional 2 times to confirm the failure is reproducible.  All other
tests in these configurations passed.

ustl1: bvt05, bvt13, bvt17, sprintf2

infra1: except1, kexcept1, testintr

absent1, compile1: testintr

The eCos used was the version was dated 1 March and the configurations
script segment to create each configuration is listed below.  If you
need any more info, just let me know. I unfortunately don't have the
time at the moment to export the full set of results, but hopefully this
will be enough for you to reproduce the failures.  As a comparison, all
tests passed in eCosPro for the STM3210E-EVAL with the obvious exception
of the ustl1 configuration.

ustl1:

ecosconfig -i new stm3210e_eval
cat > ustl1.ecm <<EOF;
cdl_configuration eCos {
    template default ;
    package CYGPKG_USTL current ;
    package CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO current ;
};
EOF
ecosconfig import ustl1.ecm
ecosconfig resolve
ecosconfig tree

infra1:
ecosconfig -i new stm3210e_eval
cat > infra1.ecm <<EOF;
cdl_configuration infra1 {
    template    uitron ;
    package -template CYGPKG_UITRON current ;
};

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    user_value RAM
};

cdl_component CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG {
    user_value 1
};
EOF
ecosconfig import infra1.ecm
ecosconfig resolve
ecosconfig tree

compile1:
Default build with "-Os"

absent1:
ecosconfig -i new stm3210e_eval

cat > absent1.ecm <<EOF;
cdl_configuration absent1 {
    hardware    stm3210e_eval ;
    template    uitron ;
    package -template CYGPKG_UITRON current ;
};

cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    user_value RAM
};

cdl_option CYGSEM_LIBC_EXIT_CALLS_FFLUSH {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGFUN_LIBC_TIME_POSIX {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGIMP_LIBC_TIME_ASCTIME_R_INLINE {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGIMP_LIBC_TIME_CTIME_R_INLINE {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGIMP_LIBC_TIME_GMTIME_R_INLINE {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGIMP_LIBC_TIME_LOCALTIME_R_INLINE {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGSEM_LIBM_USE_STDERR {
    user_value 0
};
EOF

ecosconfig import absent1.ecm

ecosconfig resolve
ecosconfig tree

Cheers
- Alex Schuilenburg

Managing Director/CEO                                eCosCentric Limited

  **  Visit us at the ESC Expo at Design West in San Jose  **
  **  27-29 March, McEnery Convention Center - Stand #846  **