Re: Updating lwip

Hi Will

I am sure an upgrade of the eCos lwIP stack to the latest stable
upstream release would be welcomed by many eCos users.

On 01/05/13 19:37, Will Wagner wrote:

> Have started looking at the difference between upstream 1.3.2 and what
> is check in to ecos. There are quite a lot of differences, although most
> of them are trivial renaming.
>
> Does anyone know what changes were made to the lwip source and why. In
> particular lost of the ppp code has had functions and variables renamed.

The lwIP PPP code currently checked-in to the eCos repository was
contributed by Simon Kallweit. This would explain the substantial
PPP-related changes in your code comparison. It was always the intention
to migrate to the official lwIP PPP sources over time. Ref:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2010-01/msg00057.html

As with all imports, it is important to minimise changes to the upstream
code as far as possible. That way, future imports become much easier.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john