Re: Cache and MMU support for PowerPC

>>>>> "Fred" == Fred Fierling <fff@microplex.com> writes:
Fred> I've gone through the on-line information but am still wondering
Fred> if the PowerPC version of eCos includes support for the MPC860's
Fred> cache and MMU.  Can anyone save me from pouring through the code
Fred> to determine if it does?

[snip]
Stuart> Also, the MMU needs to be enabled for the cache's to work and
Stuart> I don't see code for that. It's going to be board dependent
Stuart> anyway. Also, once you enable the cache there are additional
Stuart> issues with dealing with the CPM to do I/O.

Cache support will be available soon. However, as Stuart points out,
it requires a minimal MMU setup which is board specific; we use a
Cogent board for development, so that is what will be supported to
start with. Customizing the MMU setup for other boards should be
trivial though.

The MMU setup is truly minimal, basically marking the IO memory area
of the Cogent board as Cache Inhibited, so generic MMU support (memory
protection, paging, etc.) is *not* supported yet.

Thanks,
Jesper