Re: [ECOS] Running ECOS using the PPC simulator

Ilan> Hi, I've build an environment for the PowerPC using the
Ilan> configuration tool (PowerPC architecture, minimal simulator).

Using the default configuration?

Ilan> I tried to execute one of the tests by:
[snip]

Here's the GDB output when I do it:

lassi:> powerpc-eabi-gdb -nw install/tests/kernel/bin_sem0
GNU gdb 4.17-ecos-98r1p4
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.  This version of GDB is supported
for customers of Cygnus Solutions.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=powerpc-eabi"...
(gdb) target sim -f /local/ecc/ecc/ecc/hal/powerpc/sim/current/runtime/tree
Size of register r0 (0) incorrect (1 instead of 4))Connected to the simulator.
(gdb) load
(gdb) r
Starting program: /local/ecc/build/sim-powerpc/install/tests/kernel/bin_sem0
PASS:<Binary Semaphore 0 OK>
EXIT:<done>

The warning about register size can be ignored.

Ilan> and the program never returned.

A program never returns. If you just want the GDB prompt back, you
could set a breakpoint at cyg_test_exit before starting the test.

Or you can break execution. When I press C-c after the above output, I
get:

cyg_test_exit () at /local/ecc/ecc/ecc/infra/current/src/tcdiag.cxx:100
100             ;
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb)

I don't see the problem you reported when running the clock0
test. Notice that the problematic address is in ROM space. The PowerPC
simulator can only run tests configured for the minimal simulator, and
these are normally loaded at address 0x4000.

Perhaps you ran a test configured for the Cogent board by mistake?

Thanks,
Jesper