[ECOS] Linux Filesystem Access

On 28 Jun 1999, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> Jamie Guinan  <guinan@bluebutton.com> wrote:
>
> >If not, would a simple "linux filesystem driver" be worth spending
> >some time on?
>
> We do have plans for an all-singing all-dancing configurable pluggable
> virtual file system infrastructure :-), but it'll take some time to sort
> out. Expect an RFC in the not-too-distant future.

Looking forward to that!  So right now the only things I can fopen()
are /dev entries like "/dev/haldiag", correct?

> But if you want to hack
> something quick and dirty up, feel free!

Actually, I found that the stuff from syscall-i386-linux-1.0.S
works well enough for me.  I am able to open and write files
with code such as,

  #define O_WRONLY             01
  #define O_CREAT            0100

  int fd;
  char *buff = "Boogie down!\n";
  fd=cyg_hal_sys_open("/tmp/ecos.out", O_CREAT|O_WRONLY, 00777);
  cyg_hal_sys_write(fd, buff, strlen(buff));
  cyg_hal_sys_close(fd);

I have yet to try reading, though.

-Jamie