Re: [ECOS] Problems with ecosSWtools and thumb-elf

In article <xq3pv1yoy4g.fsf@hridil.ifi.uio.no> you write:
>I have been looking into using ecos and its tools for an embedded
>ARM7TDMI ASIC we are doing.
>
>I seem to be able to compile to the arm-elf target without problems,
>but when I compile for the thumb-elf target, things move into an
>endless loop when libgcc1 and libgcc2 is compiled.

Are you sure that this isn't just multilib generation? There are a lot
of multilibs to build as I recall.

But in any case, there were some problems with the thumb support in the
eCosSWtools compiler we put out. We have fixed these now, but since
thumb-elf isn't a supported eCos toolchain target, we won't be doing
an update.

In fact, the best thing to do is use egcs. Most eCos targets should now
work with egcs (although I know sparclite doesn't). If anyone is feeling
energetic, they could give that a try.

egcs is at http://egcs.cygnus.com/ You may also want to use the latest
binutils from http://sourceware.cygnus.com/binutils and gdb from
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/gdb

If you do go down that route, let the list know how you get on, and just
ask if you have any problems. I'm sure someone should be able to help.

Jifl
--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...