Re: [ECOS] Re: MBX stubrom (was [ECOS] loader.bin sources?)

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> I made a mistake - it turns out there are some differences between the MBX
> and the platform I based my original answer on.

No fault of yours, I had asked about the Cogent before and you gave me
the right answer for that one.

> You should ensure that pkgconf/hal.h has the following "#define"s enabled:
>
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
> CYG_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
>
> and the following commented out:
>
> CYGFUN_HAL_COMMON_KERNEL_SUPPORT
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT
>
> I actually tried it this time, and this should work :-).

Yep, it works.  Thanks again!

> The difference between it and the platform I was referring to before is that
> the MBX ROM basically does nothing more than "load and go". If you want to
> debug your application with GDB, you should enable
>
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT and
> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT

Specifically, I would like to have the board boot up and wait for the
host-side gdb to connect to it so I can download and debug "ram"
applications.  Are those the correct defines for such behavior?
(They look right to me but you're the expert).

-Jamie