RE: problem when launching applications

> hi,
>
> i am new in eCos and just installed eCos on linux and windows NT and
> have the same problem with both installations. after creating a
> work-tree (using powerpc-eabi and sim) i compiled the example sources
> coming with eCos.
> this worked without any problem, but if i try to launch the compiled
> files i get the following message:
>
> >powerpc-eabi-run hello
> core_find_mapping() - access to unmaped address, attach a
> default map to handle
> this - addr=0xf000101a nr_bytes=0x1 processor=0x2abc3008 cia=0x4478
>
> can you tell me what i did wrong or what is misconfigured?

This is a valid sim error because eCos is trying to initialise real
hardware.  You need to connect to the simulator  within gdb as follows:

(gdb) target sim -o '/#address-cells 1' -o '/openprom/init/register/pc
0x100' -o '/iobus@0xf0000000/reg 0xf0000000 0x01000000' -o
'/iobus/pal@0xf0001000/reg 0xf0001000 32'

(or even better, set up a macro for this - see
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/docs-1.2.1/tutorials/ecos-tutorial/usi
ng-the-simulator.html)

HTH
-- Alex

Alex Schuilenburg
eCOS Engineering Project Manager
Cygnus Solutions
35-36 Cambridge Place
Cambridge
CB2 1NS
UK

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/
Tel: +44 1223 728770 (Direct) 728728 (Switchboard)
Fax: +44 1223 728777
Mobile: +44 831 714953