Re: Problem getting eCos tests running

Jesper Skov wrote:

> I think your problem is that you are trying to run an FADS executable
> in the SIM. The PowerPC simulator can only handle executable that are
> configured for it (--target=powerpc --platform=sim).
>
> John> The message "Size of register r0 (0) incorrect (1 instead of 4)"
> John> appears to be caused by a bug in the power PC simulator with
> John> sim_fetch_register() in
> John> ecosSWtools-990319\src\sim\ppc\sim_calls.c:
>
> Yes, we've seen this before. I think it's actually a bug that may have
> been forgotten :( I'll make sure your comment reaches the simulator
> team.

It turns out this bug has been fixed in GDB 4.18. You could try using that
if you liked, but since you think you've found the problem it shouldn't make
much difference now :-).

Jifl
--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...