Re: LIBC and STDIO

Perry Wang wrote:

> I do have the serial package enabled.. some of the defines are here:

[snip]
> io write to /dev/tty1 or /dev/ser1 directly works fine.  However the libc
> printf doesn't like it.  I guess I'm still missing something.  Changing
> CYGDAT_LIBC_STDIO_DEFAULT_CONSOLE back to "/dev/haldiag" will work, but it
> prints out some garbage only GDB will understand.

I suppose it isn't very helpful for me to say that I just tried it here on
an AEB-1B and (from what I could tell[1]) I could run the libc stdiooutput
test fine.

Have you tried the other serial line? It could be some conflict between the
hal diag initialization and the serial driver initialization - we've had
such things happen before. If that doesn't work either, it at least gives
you the chance to debug it (using GDB attached to the first serial line) to
see what is going on.

[1] For reasons to long to explain, I connected with GDB over a TCP
connection to a proxy test server, and used an ethernet packet sniffer since
GDB silently discards anything not in remote protocol packets. Yes, I'm
lazy.

Jifl
--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...