Re: scanf with gdb stubs on ARM AEB

>>>>> "k" == k e <ndgipper@yahoo.com> writes:

k> I'm trying to (using gdb) get a simple dialogue going with the AEB
k> through gdb.  The stubs have loaded quite well, and I get the
k> "Hello, eCos World" to work just fine.  My next step was to add a
k> question and answer using scanf to the simple little "hello"
k> program.  essentially asking for a character string and the
k> printing it back out.

k> 1) scanf seems to stop and wait for something, but typing in the
k> gdb session with a carriage return doesn't seem to talk back to the
k> AEB.  It's almost like the program is expecting input from
k> somewhere else.  Any ideas?

Problem is that GDB doesn't forward your input to the target. You're
typing in a non-responsive (but echoing) console window.

Combining GDB and user interaction on a target that only has one
serial port is going to be a big problem.

Jesper