[Fwd: question about tools]

Sorry, I am unable to deliver your mail note to ecos-discuss@cygnus.com,
that list name is no longer used.  Please try resending your mail
note to the new list name:  ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com.

If you have any questions about this, send mail to sourcemaster@cygnus.com.
This is a machine-generated message.

Here is a copy of the note you sent.

Hi,
i want to build a eCos System for my SA 1100 based ARM Board, with
RedHat Host PC. (And later for my SH1 and SH2 boards also). But at the
moment i have a lot of trouble by building. My Questions are:
1. Can i use the egcs 1.1.2 compiler (arm-linux-gcc with elf output),
which i used to generate a runninng linux kernel for the brutus board?
Before i can do this,  i have to change the file "pack....mak". But this
not all. Some compiler and linker directives i have to change also. It
is possible to build my own toolchain with the normal compiler and
linker sources? Which is the target name for 'configure'? If i use
arm-elf, i get 'arm-linux' (which can also produce elf output format).
2. My linker don't know the option 'KEEP' within the linker script?
3. Is there any eCos for Hitachi SH1 or SH2 available, and how can i
generate the toolchain?

regards from germany,
Roman Jordan