Re: How to create a new platform?

>> Basically, copy an existing platform directory and make your
>> adjustments in the new directory. Then edit the top-level files
>> packages and targets accordingly.

Grant> I've got that mostly done.  It took me a little while to figure
Grant> out that I needed to add my new target to both the targets and
Grant> packages files.

Grant> Next, I need to modify the linker command file for my target to
Grant> add "glue" sections and add some "provides" to set the
Grant> addresses of periperals.  I can do this by adding lines to
Grant> mlt_arm_mustang_ram.mlt or I can delete the .mlt file and edit
Grant> the .ldi file directly -- right?

Two answers:
 1) Addresses of peripherals should be defined in header files, not in
    the linker script.

 2) mlt is the master file. You should create new files using the
    ConfigTool's memory map editor. It will also generate the .h and
    .ldi files for you.

Jesper