initialization priority workaround

Hi,
I'm building eCos using gcc 2.8.1. Yes, this gcc doesn't support the
initialization priority feature that eCos uses for constructor ordering.
Unfortunately, this is a custom modified gcc, and I'm not able to upgrade to
2.95 at this time. I've written a perl script to reorder the __CTOR_LIST__ by
hand, but I was wondering if there were any better workarounds. Did you have any
workaround before you put the constructor ordering in gcc?

James