Re: mlt file creation

Hi Grant,

"Grant Edwards" <grante@visi.com> wrote in message
news:<20000403100234.A23808@visi.com>...

> I've ported to two platforms under Linux by just creating the
> '.ldi' and '.h'files manually.  I'm curious: what do you mean
> when you say there's no way to edit the '.mlt' files under
> Linux?  Obviously, editing the files is no problem, they're
> just text files.  Is the conversion from '.mlt' to '.ldi' files
> the part that's missing under Linux?

Correct. Although the .mlt files are plain text, their format is not
currently documented and they were never intended to be edited manually.

> > A platform port is incomplete without these files.
>
> I guess I'll give up on my plans to release platform support
> for the Samsung eval board.

I would encourage you not to give up! If you do not have access to a PC
running Windows, then someone else may well be willing to generate these
files for you using the data in your mlt_*.ldi files. This would only
take a few minutes.

John Dallaway